Martha is an independent journalist originally from the Washington DC area, and based in Mexico since 2013. She reports for U.S., Mexican and U.K. news outlets on environmental justice, immigration, urbanism and gender. Her work reporting in Mexico and Central America has appeared in Al Jazeera English, The Guardian, and CityLab, among other outlets. She was a 2014-15 Fulbright fellow researching at the Mexican anthropological institute, INAH.
- Culinary Backstreets: An heirloom tortilla revival in Mexico City5 April, 2018
- Culinary Backstreets: Comixcal, Deeply Oaxacan25 February, 2018
- Sierra Magazine: Making Gum in the Mayan Rainforest11 January, 2018
- Yes! Magazine: Friends Transform Vacant Building Into Popular Community Center9 January, 2018
- CityLab Latino: Las técnicas arquitectónicas tradicionales pueden ser la solución al reconstruir México17 December, 2017
- Los Angeles Review of Books: On the Front Lines of Climate Change5 December, 2017