Martha Nelle Pskowski is the environmental watchdog reporter at the El Paso Times. She was previously the web editor of the North American Congress on Latin America, NACLA. She received an MA in Journalism and Latin American and Caribbean Studies from New York University in May 2021.
As a freelance journalist, Martha’s work appeared in The Guardian, Vice Motherboard, Yale E360, and over a dozen other publications. She is a former MacCracken and Fulbright fellow. In 2021, she received the Bernhardt Labor Journalism prize.
- Outside: The Latin American Immigrants Shaking Up New York City’s Bike RacesAugust 23, 2021
- The Nation: Saving Lives and Going Hungry: NYC Ambulance Workers Demand Higher PayApril 12, 2021
- The Guardian: ‘It doesn’t feel worth it’: Covid-19 is pushing New York’s EMTs to the brinkFebruary 25, 2021
- NACLA: Mexico’s Fracking ImpasseOctober 27, 2020
- Vice Motherboard: ‘They Aren’t Anything Without Us’: Gig Workers Are Striking Throughout Latin AmericaAugust 31, 2020
- Business Insider: The US meat industry is making people sick.July 20, 2020
- Desmog: New NAFTA Trade Deal Deepens Oil and Gas Dependency During Climate CrisisJune 30, 2020
- NACLA: In Mexico, Cheap Gas WinsJune 30, 2020
- Latin America News Dispatch: The Next Deadly Virus Could Start in the Amazon, Brazilian Scientists WarnJune 3, 2020
- Undark: For Latin American Environmentalists, Looming Threats of ViolenceJune 3, 2020
- OneZero: Uber Delivery Workers in Mexico Are Tracking Thieves Through Google Maps and WhatsApp NetworksDecember 17, 2019
- ArchPaper: Mexico’s Housing Laboratory shows off 32 low-cost prototypesOctober 14, 2019