Martha Pskowski covers climate change and the environment in Texas for Inside Climate News from her home-base in El Paso. She previously was an environmental reporter at the El Paso Times. She began her career as a freelance journalist in Mexico, reporting for outlets including The Guardian and Yale E360.
Martha grew up in Maryland and graduated from Hampshire College with a degree in Environmental Studies. She holds a master’s degree in Journalism and Latin American Studies from New York University and is a former Fulbright research fellow in Mexico. In 2021, she received the Bernhardt Labor Journalism prize.
- Oil and Gas Companies Spill Millions of Gallons of Wastewater in TexasOctober 31, 2023
- ‘Once in a lifetime’: funding helps El Paso close the water gap in coloniasNovember 5, 2022
- Before Uvalde school shooting, Mexican-Americans fought for decades to improve school systemNovember 5, 2022
- ‘Neighborhood is treated like a dumping ground’: Activists say Texas should own up to air pollutionNovember 5, 2022
- Outside: The Latin American Immigrants Shaking Up New York City’s Bike RacesAugust 23, 2021
- The Nation: Saving Lives and Going Hungry: NYC Ambulance Workers Demand Higher PayApril 12, 2021
- The Guardian: ‘It doesn’t feel worth it’: Covid-19 is pushing New York’s EMTs to the brinkFebruary 25, 2021
- NACLA: Mexico’s Fracking ImpasseOctober 27, 2020
- Vice Motherboard: ‘They Aren’t Anything Without Us’: Gig Workers Are Striking Throughout Latin AmericaAugust 31, 2020
- Business Insider: The US meat industry is making people sick.July 20, 2020
- Desmog: New NAFTA Trade Deal Deepens Oil and Gas Dependency During Climate CrisisJune 30, 2020
- NACLA: In Mexico, Cheap Gas WinsJune 30, 2020